View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #75
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
I read an article today in which it was claimed that ipads are selling at the rate of 200,000 per week. If only 20,000 of the buyers use it to read ebooks, that's over a million readers a year. It's clearly an ebook device & possibly the best selling one even if you only count the 20,000.
I think you are over optimistic.
Considering the usual crowd who buy Apple and reasons why they do it, it would be quite a surprise if 20 for 200.000 sold were used for ebook reading.

If I am wrong, then within a few weeks you will see it everywhere in use by people reading ebooks. 20.000 ebook readers a week will make a walking/travelling library from the USA public transport.

Last edited by astra; 05-22-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: crown/d
astra is offline   Reply With Quote