View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloaldama View Post
That is exactly what I would like.

There is only one rss under which all the articles from all the sections are listed, therefore in that rss I can find articles from the economy section mixed with articles from the politics section. I would like to have a different section for each topic.

I have taken a look at that post, however I cannot make it work, I must be doing something wrong or not understanding the process.

Thanks.
1) make a recipe that works to get the entire feed. Until that works, don't fool with the virtual feed.
2) find a word that appears in the title of each article that you want to use to grab that article out of the main feed (like "POLITICS") (if there is no such word, then you'll need to use something in the description or the link address - see some of my code examples in the code sticky about removing VIDEO links to see other characteristics you can key on)
3) copy in all of the code from that post, but change two lines:
Code:
if curarticle.title.upper().find('RECIPE') >= 0:
change the word "RECIPE" above to "POLITICS" (or whatever word is in the title that you are using to identify the articles to be moved into the new virtual feed).
and, optionally, change the name of the new virtual feed in this line:
Code:
pfeed.title = 'Recipes'
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote