Thread: Literary Owls Do Cry by Janet Frame
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 02:36 AM   #14
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I think this is the very first Kiwi book I've ever read if I'm not mistaken. I've seen a number of films and series from or set there, including the aforementioned Hunt, as well as The Piano (one of my all-time favourites), The Quiet Earth (also one of my all-time faves), Top of the Lake, What We Do in the Shadows, Flight of the Conchords (not set there but very NZ influenced with Kiwi stars). All were great and I'd recommend any of them, but somehow I've never read a book from the country until now.
Thanks for the recommendations. I’m more than halfway finished now. I have just started the Daphne section.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote