Thread: Literary Owls Do Cry by Janet Frame
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 10:49 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I agree that she's doing a great job with the narration. This is a literary book with a capital L and as you say she's doing a really good job with the poetic quality of the more esoteric chapters, and in the more straightforward chapters she does a good job with the different characters' voices.

It does make me think I should listen to more read poetry whether in audiobooks or even just something like youtube videos of individual poems. I haven't really since way back in school, and I've been meaning to read more poetry but actually reading an entire book of it can be intimidating.
Agreed, this book is definitely Literature! Today I listened to the audio of some of the stream of consciousness sections with the book in front of me at the same time. It helped to connect the text with spoken words. My understanding of poetry is certainly enhanced with narration.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote