View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #39
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Cote was absolutely correct.

Many lawyers love to refer to minority opinions when the majority one doesn't support them, so I suppose I shouldn't blame an amateur for adopting the same practice.
Gosh, I wonder why Scalia's most famous and influential opinions are dissents? Heck, someone even put together a book of his most famous dissents called "Scalia Dissents". You should read it sometime. I have. Could be that judges tend to be more forceful in dissents or it could be that judges feel the need to explain the rational better.

Yea, many lawyers love to refer to opinions that agree with them and dismissing opinions that don't. I suppose I shouldn't blame a lawyer for just following common practice. Of course, I don't really expect a lawyer that doesn't practice law in the US to understand certain aspects of US law and custom.

Of course, the real point here is that Cote ignored any evidence that Amazon was engaged in possible anti-trust actions, so pointing to her opinion when talking about if Amazon might have violated anti-trust laws is rather misleading. You can't find evidence of mis-doing if you refuse to look for it.

Last edited by pwalker8; 07-28-2019 at 07:51 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote