View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 07:01 AM   #38
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
If I recall correctly, Cote explicitly refused to allow evidence of Amazon's actions to be presented saying that it was not germane to the case and if Apple thought that Amazon was engaged in anti-trust actions they should have sued.

While two of the appeals judges did uphold Cote, the other appeal judge, Jacobs, expressly blasted Amazon for their actions in the case saying that Amazon was rather obviously guilty of anti-trust actions.

But hey, that's what lawyers do, cherry pick opinions that back their case while ignoring the ones that refute their case. A lawyer's job is to win the case by any legal means possible.
Cote was absolutely correct.

Many lawyers love to refer to minority opinions when the majority one doesn't support them, so I suppose I shouldn't blame an amateur for adopting the same practice.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote