View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #6
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
chaley, am up again and feeling much better after a good sleep and . . . especially . . . your very helpful pointers about CC. It's now working as it should, I think, except that twice it's put up an error message requesting that I re-download it. Have done so, and it's installed OK each time, but am perplexed that it was necessary.

Another oddity that I'm working on is that Calibre doesn't automatically convert epub or pdf book files to mobi when transferring via CC. This confused me briefly as books 'disappeared' when moving to the Fire, but I quickly discovered the cause.

Am now going back to work on it but, yet another mystery (of the many I've faced this past week), the USB cable is now working again, after nearly a day of refusal. Am now checking in to the Kindle forum again and will hope that a Fire expert or two there can advise me about Fire backups and help solve the further mystery of how all my Fire books ended up in 'Documents' instead of 'Books.'

Once again . . . a big thank you for your help and patience . . .
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote