View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBookworm View Post
Its scary how accurate it is. That word recharge makes so much sense to me and explains why I can't stay at parties for too long (or even want to go to them).

Anybody else discover they're an introvert?
This is completely me. My activities are totally introverted. (reading, knitting and crafts, writing, practicing musical instruments).

And I am not "shy". get me going on a topic and I sometimes run the risk of over-talking.
It's just that I have a very low threshold for actually attending "social events".

I prefer more intimate groups of 2-4, and there has to be enough of a background relationship that people understand if I am knitting it doesn't mean I am ignoring them. But I love me some peace and quiet and being able to be in the driver's seat for "what to do".

I tend not to seek out high-maintenance friendships anyway, so getting pressured by people is not a big part of my life these days, but I do occasionally get odd looks for choosing reading over going out on the cliched social evenings. (if someone doesn't know me too well)
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote