View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayScore View Post
I have carried out several conversions from epub to mobi successfully, and I do thank those who have produced Calibre for its existence and their work.
But when I try to remove items from the list I am given a list of options that appear to be destructive in that they warn me that files will be deleted from library folders.
The "list" you are referring to is the Calibre Library. Calibre is designed to control its own library. If a book is in the library, it's on the "list." The only way to get it off the "list" is to delete it from the library.

Quote:
I do not want any files to be deleted. I just want to clear the list. Then Add new files to be converted, so I know where I am, and then delete them from the list, and so on. Working with a lengthy list is tedious. I cannot find a simple "Remove from list" option.
So, anybody know how I can clear the list without any files being deleted?
It's not possible. You have two alternatives to do it your way (but neither is recommended). First, you can use the command line ebook-convert tool to do your conversions. That method of conversion does not put the converted book into the library.

Alternatively, after conversion, you can use Save to Disk to save the converted books anywhere you want, then just delete them from the library.

Personally, I'd leave them all in the library, and just do a search which will show you all the unconverted books.

Code:
not format:mobi
will show all books that haven't yet been converted to mobi format.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote