View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #69
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
But it's best at illustrating how scientific method (they may be theatrical, but they're doing pure science there) can answer all those mythological scenarios.
Sometimes I think they come to flawed conclusions from their experiments, or have faulty experiments, but most often I think they do it intentionally exactly for the reason you state above - to demonstrate scientific method. They want you to get involved and tell them every way their experiments were wrong and their conclusions were wrong, and this is why they often do myths more than once. They want us to test the myth (other than the "don't try this at home" stuff ), or tear their busting apart.

I love Mythbusters. I think the rocket-sled-into-compact-car was my favourite, with the exploding/rocketing hot water tank as a close second (I sleep 1 metre from our hot water tank - it's in our bedroom cupboard).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote