View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktorz View Post
I have succesfully ran it under Windows 7, although got to change couple lines to fix some windows-specific issues (like back-slash paths and file permissions).
Argh. It seems I missed the path separation issue in one place, and I overlooked this piece of information about the NamedTemporaryFile procedure:

"Whether the name can be used to open the file a second time, while the named temporary file is still open, varies across platforms (it can be so used on Unix; it cannot on Windows NT or later)."

I think I've fixed it now, could you try the new 1.2 version? You may have to modify the "prince" filename again, or include in your system's path.

Quote:
But I have a problem with links (like endnotes). Looks like Prince resolved relative urls in the source like "notes.html#note_1" to a absolute paths of temporary files like "c:\users\blabla\temp\blabla\notes.html#note_1 " which obviously doesn't work in the resulting pdf. Is it a common problem? Or is it just me? Or my particular book? Or my Windows 7? Can we somehow tell Prince to make all links internal?
It doesn't happen to me, intra-ePUB links are transformed into intra-PDF links. Is the "notes.html" file included in the ePUB (and in the <spine>)? If it isn't, it's not passed to Prince, and it's not included in the PDF. If it is, and you see the contents in the PDF, but it's only the links that are not working: can I see a sample ePUB?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote