View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Thanks, ATDrake, Wallcraft and ardeegee ... I now know I can get the tie choice at Baen ... but you've also under-scored my point: the Hugos -- outside of the Nebulas the most prestigious awards for sci-fi -- ought to be a huge driver of sales in e-books and p-books. But if leading e-book vendors don't have them ... what's the value in winning the award?

Preaching to the converted is not enough
: the sci-fi folk who closely follow every ripple in thw cosmic time-space fabric ... sure, they are watching Baen. But winning a Hugo is about breaking out of the niche into the mainstream ... and if the product isn't available where consumers are ... sorry, what was the point of the award again? Prestige is nice, but it doesn't pay the rent ... it's about recognition and sales ... and NOT in that order.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote