Thread: PRS-505 Sideloading Possible?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please ignore post #2. It's all wrong.
It's not even partly wrong. It's exactly how I loaded books onto my 505 from a Linux desktop (for which Sony never made any software). Calibre may be nice, but it isn't necessary. All you need is to be able to mount the drives on the ereaders via UMB (USB Mass Storage), and then copy the files over to the proper subfolder (which I think was called "books", but it's been a while and I could be wrong). Just be sure to eject the drive before disconnecting the USB cable to the ereader, or you can corrupt the filesystem on the ereader.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote