View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Another interesting tidbit but about DVDs is now it's legal to rip your DVD to make a backup copy. I've purchased software that will do this for me. I've ripped them as a complete DVD, with all the menu's, subtitles, etc straight to my home server. I'm able to stream them to my TV, it looks and acts just like the real DVD.

Also, a DVD doesn't have DRM, you can give it to anyone and they can play it in their player...as long as they're from your country...so that's a bit different than ebooks.

It took iTunes/Apple years to catch on, I'm hoping for the same with books...although hopefully not having to wait as long.

Aaannndd.....I have several hundred (at last count) downloaded books in several different formats. All usable on my Sony...but I'm fussy and will convert them and clean them up so they look purty on my Sony!

Dave

P.S. The blue Sony 505 is still the fastest and bestest.
davers is offline   Reply With Quote