View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Actually, the problem is not so much the interplay between heading and text, which can be done with a simple "height: 50vh" (if the reader supports vh, which only refers to the "page size", whatever that is). The main problem I see is that the size of the image must be determined after everything else in the heading is known. It might be possible to do with tables, but I wouldn't think it a good idea anyway.
Yes, I concur with your analysis, but I do feel compelled to add, vh is supported like...nowhere. Not in real devices, I mean and how the bloody hell would you even get that right, anyway? (I'm not arguing, I'm thinking aloud.)

I guess you could write a boatload of media queries..(she thinks somewhat furiously)...for...what, display size? And then do the @ this and @That and make it come out KINDA the right size.

And yes, the problem with calculating X after Y is what I meant. You can't do the image unless/until the heading size is known and you can't know that unless/until the body is known, right? Or did I miss something?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote