View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 12:00 AM   #9
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty4635 View Post
But just for my information and this may actually help with a small epub ebook, what exactly do I need to edit in the epub CSS styles? Which selector should I look for and what key value pair should it be for that selector? Thanks.
Actually, the problem is probably in the css, rather than the text, and if that is so, one small change may fix your whole book.

A hanging indent will look something like this in the css file, it can be part of any class:
Code:
margin-left: 3em;
text-indent: -2em;
Now if that large margin is missing, leaving you with a negative indent, you will see the cut-off. This is just how it may happen--the hanging indent may not be needed at all--it may just be a mistake. Just get rid of any negative indent without an off-setting margin.

You will see the changes as you make them in the preview pane, so you will know when you are getting it right.

If there are many class codes in the text that all have this sort of problem, search and replace is your friend. If there are so many as to make changing many css entries difficult, use search and replace to change them to all one or two classes in the text, and fix those few classes in the css.

Last edited by retiredbiker; 10-21-2019 at 12:04 AM.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote