View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #54
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
We do? MobileRead has no policy against necroposting, whether official or unofficial. There's a warning when old threads are revived; especially in threads that relate to a device, firmware or software the information could very well be (and most likely is) outdated, but if a thread is interesting or relevant, have at it.
I did NOT say that the mods "warn you," Issy. I said, the forum does, which you yourself mention, y'know, the "this thread is quite old..." notification? The one that says something along the lines of "consider starting a new thread"?

I don't care if people Necropost, just seems bizarre to me to reply to a five-year old thread.

Quote:
I agree that there's not much point in replying to a specific ancient post, but if an old thread seems like a good place for a new post, then people are welcome to post there. Because, conversely, especially in threads about books and so forth, many won't have seen the original thread and may find it worthwhile. As with:
Their choice. Whatever. Given the relative decline in activity on MR, in almost all areas/subforums, that I see, I guess it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I don't see a problem with resurrecting this thread either. Hey, since it fell asleep, some hot new authors like Sophocles and Euripides have appeared on the scene!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote