View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #52
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
There's a reason that the forum mods warn you about necroposting. Sure, "many" people have read this thread, but what makes you think that any number of those were in the last 5 years? I last visited this thread then.

Hitch
We do? MobileRead has no policy against necroposting, whether official or unofficial. There's a warning when old threads are revived; especially in threads that relate to a device, firmware or software the information could very well be (and most likely is) outdated, but if a thread is interesting or relevant, have at it.

I agree that there's not much point in replying to a specific ancient post, but if an old thread seems like a good place for a new post, then people are welcome to post there. Because, conversely, especially in threads about books and so forth, many won't have seen the original thread and may find it worthwhile. As with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
It seems strange that some people would be bothered by replies on an older thread when those replies might be helpful to someone like me, who is a fairly new member of this forum. I'm always researching for authors I might like that I haven't read yet. So, what difference does it make that people who want to be helpful have posted in an older thread? Things like this just have me shaking my head...
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote