View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 06:58 AM   #261
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
If I had no knowledge, other than the blurb, about the contents of this book, the first thing about the prologue which would alert me that I may not like this book is the quotation marks around “the man in black,” which indicates uncertainty about your choice of words and is bad form.

FART? Really? And I can see why skb is questioning why you're calling this group feminist. In what way do they fight for women's rights? (Here I use 'fight' in the lobbying sense.)

Quote:
The women also established a close social bond, exchanging favorite pet treats information, going to pet parks and watching animal videos together. FART was a cheerful group.
Now, reading this with No Other Knowledge of your book would make me think: that's not what animal rescue/welfare groups do. They may watch videos, but not together, and most would rarely have the time to do this (the vid I made was the easiest way I could get rehoming pictures of them - by using stills from the vid).

Quote:
At first the reports in the news media were vague. But soon it became clear that animals throughout the city were systematically being abused on a massive scale by an evil man
That's where I'd stop reading and move on to another book.

Again, you're telling us what the book is about IN YOUR MIND but this is not how the extracts have appeared to many of us.