View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #58
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Strange that BN has decided to drop 2 of the features that set them apart from the competition, namely the page turn buttons and the SD card slot. Most of my books are sideloaded and, although 500MB is quite a reasonable space, I'd rather have the 2.5GB to assign as I see fit. As it is, 2GB would pretty much go to waste.
Why is it strange? Its obvious it was done to stay competitive on price. $119 is a great price on a new release like this.You really do not need those two things. You can hold a couple thousand books, side loaded or bn purchases it doesnt matter, the fact is thats enough books to last two lifetimes. I just cant understand why this is such an issue for people. I guess people feel its somehow a benefit. It really isnt. By the time you may need it you will be in the market for a new reader.

As for the buttons....its just not needed any longer. Its one less thing to break,the device is lighter and more affordable. It make perfect business sense imo. Most devices like this are going buttonless get used to it.

Last edited by Tony1988; 10-30-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote