View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #55
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
Agree with 1 and 3 - I would get some use out of 2 actually (although I'm usually just fine with my clip-on light).
I use a clip-on light on Aura HD even though it has a very high quality integrated frontlight. Because for me clip-on light quality is so much better. It does not hurt eyes and retains the impression of real paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
What is a T3 and a T2? Interested in anything that I can Dropsync with Epub on. Not necessarily tied to the Nook...
Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T2 and PRS-T3 are three Sony android readers.
T1 and T2 were successfully rooted (but latest firmware revisions of T2 no longer rootable). T3 was not rooted and there is no much desire to root it because T2 is already a very good reader.

So T2 is similar to Nook ST but better built, better screen, better form factor, not so rubbery, etc.
The screen whiteness (including the hue of the white color) and contrast of T2 is the same as of Aura HD - I like it very much.

As to Dropsync - I can't answer this, because I am using rooted readers where the book indexing / DB is deliberately switched off (for speed, in order to handle large numbers of books without waiting) because I am using Cool Reader with its own built-in file manager and built-in list of recent books.

However, Dropsync might be possible in two ways: either supported by Sony, or even if not - when rooted you have an open android and perhaps there are applications that can be installed to support it.

Last edited by parkher; 10-30-2013 at 11:26 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote