View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
gridlewak
Enthusiast
gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
Welcome to the club. I loved my Aluratek, till I had that same issue. First time I charged it, I had almost 13 hours according to the battery indicator. After that, I couldn't get more than 7.

Sent it back at my expense, after numerous attempts to convince tech support that I was indeed shutting it down properly. After 3 weeks, I was told it stayed fully charged for them, so they sent it back. The first thing I did when I got it back was check the battery, and it showed just over 5 hours left.

Luckily, I bought the extended warranty. This allowed me to return it after the 1 year warranty ran out. I'm using a Kobo VOX now, but I really miss the Aluratek, as it did every thing I wanted an e-reader to do. I didn't need Wi-Fi, or any other bells n whistles.

But, I refuse to deal with tech support folks that try and play me for a fool.
gridlewak is offline   Reply With Quote