View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #139
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffnix View Post
I'm not sure if I expressed myself clearly, what i'm asking is if we can use the data inside the xray file from a sample book to populate the file your plugin generates(since we can't just copy&paste the original xray file into another book). I hope that's what you got from my original comment.

But anyway, I downloaded a random book sample into my kindle (A Game of Thrones) and then connected it to my pc, went to the book folder and copied the XRAY.entities.xxxxxx.asc file in there to my desktop, then I opened it using this program, it looks like there's enough data in there to fill in the generated XRAY file.

There's an entity table(looks incomplete, there's no reference to Arya or Sansa, for example, but most of the main characters are there, i'm not sure if this is because i got the file from a sample or if the "original" xray is also missing those characters), there's an entity_description table which is IMO one of the most important, there's also an excerpt table, it doesn't looks very useful since character count might vary depending on the way one convert its ebooks, but this table does have a related_entities column which might be useful. I tried the same thing with one of the mistborn novels and observed the same things.

Can we use this xray file(or the "original" one we get when we buy the book) to automatically populate your generated xray file? And the dream would be to have the plugin automatically download the sample xray files so we wouldn't have to download it by ourselves.
Ah, I misunderstood. Hm, that might be an option but it's likely going to be quite a bit of work to implement. I'll put it in the enhancements bucket on github. I can't pick it up right now though so I'm not sure when it will be looked at.
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote