View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 04:25 AM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@rebl - you probably don't need this PI if you can convert your .doc files to .docx

Using these tools ==>> Bulk Convert DOC to DOCX I converted about 27,000 .doc files last year to .docx in a few hours. I did it shortly after Kovid implemented built in DOCX Input module.

I then used calibre to convert the .docx files to EPUB. By and large the resulting EPUBS were far better than any I ever got from .RTF, Filtered HTML or .DOC via this PI - by better I mean a less 'crud' and far easier to read HTML.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote