Thread: Glo Kobo Night Mode
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #96
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalinor View Post
RE: Chapter Progress ("Reading Stats") / Book Covers

Anyway, I just wanted to report that with the latest version of Calibre and KoboExtended plugin installed/configured, a Glo with Firmware 2.5.2, KoboTweaks, KOreader, and Night Mode (Mod) installed, my sideloaded ePubs do have chapter progress ("Reading Stats") and book covers that show up correctly on the homepage.

I am about to reload my reading collection back onto the Glo and will check a few different ePubs, but as an ADDED BONUS [at least on the one book I tried] it seems like sideloaded ePubs are also now correctly bookmarking when going back to the home screen or turning off the reader; I am not getting reset to the start of the chapter when reopening a book in progress!
This is me being picky.

If you are sending epubs the device using the extended driver, they are no longer epubs. They are changed to be kepubs by the driver and will work as such on the device. Hence you get the reading stats instead of just the percent read. All the problems you mentioned are related to the use of the extended driver. Some where bugs, some were the developer finding new things in different epubs that didn't convert well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote