View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Oh, yeah, if you are also not aware there are lots of free sources for puzzles as well. And a very reasonable trick if you like the NYT puzzles is to get a one month puzzles only sub for like $15 then download EVERYTHING in the archieve...I promise even your kids will have turned to dist before all of those puzzles are solved, there are that many and because they are just text files, down load fast. I think my "desert island" reserve is around 3000 puzzles...ok, so one weekend I got a tad over zealous...
I did do crosswords, for a while, until I entered the work-force full-time, but now rarely, if ever, find the stamina to complete one. Practice does make perfect, though, so if I did do them more regularly, I would perhaps enjoy doing them more.

I explored free crossword puzzle sources last year to see if I could convert any to ebook formats for upload here. I was amazed that practically all free crosswords are also copyrighted with no clear redistribution right. Even though the NYT crossword samples are free, they are only for personal use and that precludes them from being uploaded to a public forum (as I found out ).

Do you have any source of non-copyrighted free puzzles?

If you haven't already done so, check out my post, The New York Times: Free sample Crosswords. v1. 19 May 2008 for a simple HOW-TO.

Cheers, from a fellow mathematican
(BMath, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote