View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #34
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The films omit a number of major episodes which are in the books, and also have composite characters. As with any book, a movie version can "fit in" a lot less than the book can.

The other major difference you'll see is the "The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King" each have a number of different viewpoints, with story strands which overlap in time. This greatly increases the suspense compared with the "linearised" timeline of the films.

The books are just so much better in every way.
I totally agree with this. I loved the movies and they are among my all time favourite films, but the books are so much better (although I do admit I always skip Tom Bombadil and most of the poems/songs). I'm actually re-reading the books right now . Must be the 6th or 7th time.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote