View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Other than the GPS and compass, that largely reflects the fact that the iPod Touch series didn't get an upgrade last year, and the specs are still from 2010.
iPhone = iPod Touch + extra chip for phone/GPS/compass
(and since when did being smaller and lighter count as weak?)
[Edit: Your comparison of front camera resolution is incorrect, both have VGA (0.3MP) resolution.]
Thanks, I corrected the camera spec. I had it listed wrong in my spreadsheet.

It's still more than compass and GPS, so I'll compare it to the the iPhone 4 (its contemporary):
  • Display: IPS vs none
  • Rear Cam: 5MP vs 0.7MP
  • Focus: auto focus vs fixed focus
  • Flash: yes vs none
  • RAM: 512MB vs 256MB
  • GPS: yes vs none
  • Compass: yes vs none
  • Battery: 1420mAh vs 930mAh
  • Size: 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.37" vs 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.28"
  • Weight: 4.8 oz vs 3.6 oz
The iPhone 4's battery is 53% larger and it has twice the RAM. The lack of IPS display in the iPod touch is noticeable and the lack of an auto-focusing camera prevents me from downloading a whole bunch of apps that require a real camera.

At the time of its introduction, the iPod touch's size prevented it from getting the thicker 5MP AF camera module and the larger 1420mAh battery of the iPhone 4. So being smaller and lighter was a severe handicap.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote