Thread: Purchasing Vox
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
frddgls, robdrob, are you in Canada? I am. I'm wondering where the Kobo facility is actually located, although I see an Ontario address on one of their 'contact' pages. Yet both of the individuals with whom I spoke had very thick accents and the first lady had so much trouble with the English language that I had to spell out my full name to her and I had trouble understanding her.

I just don't think it should take 48 hours to even confirm the receipt of an online order. I have never had anything like this happen before. They haven't even come up with an order number yet, but they've placed a hold on the funds from my credit card company. I mean, even if one places a pre-order, it is standard procedure for the online vendor to (a) provide the buyer with an order confirmation number immediately (b) send an e-mail immediately confirming receipt of the order and (c) send another e-mail when the order has been shipped. I didn't place a pre-order, I ordered an item that the website says is "in stock". The first lady I spoke to said I would get an e-mail when the item was shipped. Well, considering my Kobo account doesn't even show that the order ever occurred in the first place...? The second lady, after having me check my spam filters and then suggesting I order it again and then telling me she can find no order number (although they have already placed a $200+ hold on my money) assured me I would receive my confirmation e-mail tomorrow, but if I don't I am to call back. It makes me think that they really don't know what they're doing. And no, I'm not going to place another order and end up with a $400 hold placed on my credit card funds and an extra Vox...or not...

I'm going to do some more reading on this site about how people are liking the Vox and decide what to do.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote