View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #253
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
I know it's a long shot. Remapable buttons on the Kobo Wifi.

The device is extremely.... non ambidextrious. I know i've posted this before. But being a lefty is a royal pain in the... Hand.

I grew up heavily reading. And i hold my books with my left hand. Usually one handed. I go for long periods of time in a sitting reading. and sitting there 2 handed the entire time is rather silly.

But with the current navigation buttons being on the right side, it is impossible to one handed turn the page. my thumb just isn't 7" long!

But there are 4 buttons on the left side, in reach of my fingers! That "Shop" button which ithink i've pressed all of one time out of curiosity is a perfectly good button for turning the page. The store is accessible in many different places, that remapping this button would be a godsend for me.

Even the touch doesn't remedy the Left handed issue as to turn to the next page (instead of previous) you need to touch the right side of the page, which is a long way away from my left hand on the device.

my only other feature request would be to bring the social media aspect that is in the touch to the wifi. is the old hardware incapable of handling it? or just a "future update"

Also: we enter a time. it's got a clock internally. Yet the only place i have ever seen the time displayed in the kobo is in the options menu where we set it.
why not have it in the menu when you pop it up. or something.

Last edited by Lordvic; 06-16-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote