View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I'd feel entitled to download all my content I paiid for from somewhere else now...
That's just hypothetically, but I guess what will happen if one of the big vendors of ebooks goes down, a steep rise in piracy...
As regards DRM: this is DRM just like Kindle books have it, user paid license wrapped in technology... Onyl difference ist that Kindle eBooks are "commodified" in several layers of tangibility: they are file-entities in the context of traditional file system metaphors (file names on devices, progress bars etc), are available on material carriers like ereaders, tablets, phones etc and are presented in the context of physical goods (buy-buttons, "books" etc), the implication is possession, however subconscious that may be...
Where they're all the same: if the company providing the content goes belly up, the content is gone because it is not useable without the company's infrastructure...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote