View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #29
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Success without needing VM or CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
... or, if you're confident about what your're doing and have at least a bit of Linux experience, you can try the way that is described in the "Technical stuff" spoiler in the first post. This definitely works, but as said it requires a few actions, and a little bit of understanding of what you're doing.

So, I suggest to try the other options first, maybe one of them works. And please report back.
It worked. No problem at all. Well, ...

... there were a few complications. It definitely is not a noobish quest, as you wanted to hear about from your technical spoiler. Burning the iso to the usb-stick went without problem. I used a fresh copy of win32diskimager - it wants to burn *.img files, so I selected *.* and picked the extracted iso from first post, then write, and done.

Rebooting, select usb-disk to boot from, and it starts. Log in as root, and the autostart.sh failed. Apparently as it started from a usb device, it thinks that a usb-stick version is booted up. Since it techincally is still a live-cd, it needs some convincing - basically needs the entire autostart.sh manually redone with the correct device. In my case the usb-sticks partition was in /dev/sdb1 - mounted that to /media/cdrom, then followed the clear instructions in autostart.sh to replicate the rest - mounting java.sds, linking kubrick, starting kubrick.

Then I went and "debricked" my 5.3.2, chose the jailbreak option, reboot. The reboot did not work correctly as it complained that it could not unmount everything. Oh well, hard reboot computer then, back to windows, copy over the update file for 5.3.2. Now I have a jailbroke 5.3.2 - no need to mess with a VM (don't have one) or waste a cd on burning it to cd..

In short, if you want easy, download the iso file, burn it onto a cd (rw), boot into it and it goes waaaaaaaaaay easier than burning it into a usb-stick directly.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote