View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
When I used it on my Sony 505 and 650, I just:

1) set the series information in calibre
2) plugged in the device
3) Clicked the "Send to device" button in calibre

And the series would show up in "Colelctions" on the Sonys.

Does Calibre/Kobo work the same for series (with the latest software/firmware)? I take it Calibre creates the Shelves (on the Kobo) and puts the books in the selves in the correct series order?
You don't need any shelves, I think having a shelf for each series was just a work-around for the lack of proper series support in earlier firmware. With the current firmware you just enter the series info in Calibre and everything else is automatic (once you have configured the Kobo driver plugin by ticking the "set series information" box, and assuming you use automatic metadata management option in Calibre).

Edit: You can still have a shelf for each series if you wish, but you will need to create a suitable plugboard in calibre, and perhaps turn on the shelf management option in the Kobo driver plugin. I haven't tried that, it seems unnecessary because to see a list of all books in a particular series in proper order I can just do a search on the series name.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote