View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
This was the first thread I saw when trying the browser of my Transformer for the first time.

Anyway, what makes you think this will be better than the Transformer?
I won't lie the no 1 reason is the looks and accessories. I would never buy my wife a transformer but a pink toshiba yes I could see that happening.

The Toshiba is $40 more expensive than the Transformer, but the entry model is $10 cheaper at expense of 8GB less. However with the Thrive you also get USB 2.0 and an SD slot. That is huge! The nice thing about the Transformer is you can have the same IO but you have to drop down another $150 to get it and comes along with a keyboard/battery. Recap with the Thrive you don't have to carry any extra ports to have access to use the USB or to transfer files via the SD card.

Last point is it has a replaceable battery sure it cost $80 but at least that is a nice option to have.

The one thing specs don't show is the screen quality and that is huge. Specs look good, but until I see one I wont really know.

Personally I think both are great devices, I just think the Thrive is just slightly better.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 06-07-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: cleared up some grammer
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote