View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #45
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post

I think people tend to separate into two groups: people who think that e-ink has intolerably poor contrast, and people who think the contrast is perfectly fine. I'm in the latter category. If you're in the former, then the Kindle DX won't change your mind: it's exactly the same.
I agree. Unfortunately, my eyes put me in the former camp. I just replaced my Kindle with a TFT screen reader that reads much better (for me), especially in lower light levels.

Instant page turns is an unexpected pleasure that I would not now give up. I had told myself the slow flashing refresh of E-ink was tolerable, but it is not missed, and this for pleasure reading.

Those young college kids testing the DX are going to be horrified at the slow page turns, especially when reading (studying) pdf's, the newly touted feature. And in black and white, weaksauce.

Last edited by galavanter; 05-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote