View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #246
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
great, any one tried it on other devices? I am interested in the Mini, and of course I hear you say I could try myself, but as I am lost in the technical talk, I can't keep track of which is the latest version, whether it includes all mods (I think it does not), and in which order the various things should be installed.
Yes, there is a post which explains this, but it is older than subsequent modifications (I think..)
Simpler instructions for doing it (without ScreenInv/nightmode) can be found here.

What I did to get the dictionary working was:
1) Install the latest version of KOreader in .kobo with KoboLaucher and muness tweak to the script. An overview of the install is given in post #84 of muness. Bullets 4 and 5 are optional. The optional mod of cgm999 is in #137.
2) Copy dictionary files to .kobo/koreader/data/dict.
3) Copy OCR files to .kobo/koreader/data/tessdata.

Ad 2.) You can get the files for dictionaries here. Unzip it into three files with extensions .ifo, .idx and .dict.dz . Unzip the dict.dz-file further into a dict-file. Copy the ifo-, idx- and dict-file into .kobo/koreader/data/dict on your reader.
(I've installed the englisch Wordnet-dictionary and the german Duden-dictionary and apparently it knows which dictionary to use.)

Ad 3.) You can get the OCR (optical character recognition) files from here. Again unzip and move the entire tessdata-directory into .kobo/koreader/data/dict on your reader. (There should now be 9 files all starting with "eng." in .kobo/koreader/data/dict/tessdata.)
(Apparently there is no need for german OCR-files for it to work, but maybe you should add the traineddata-files for umlauts and such...)

Last edited by Markismus; 07-16-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote