View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #355
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I decided to take the plunge and purchase the Aura at Chapters Bookstore last night.

My first pick would have been to purchase the eReader from Future Shop or Best Buy, because they have better return polices. Unfortunately, they don't sell the Aura in-stores.

The Aura comes a beige plain looking box - I wanted the packaging to look better for a "premium" reader.

The box comes with a device, braided USB cable, and start-up booklets.

The setup is the same as other Kobo devices which requires a plug into a PC for the first time.

I transferred my micro SD card from my old Glo to the Aura. Be warned, if you have a lot of books on the card, it takes a long time for the Aura to process all the books. For me it took about 2 hours for Aura to process all my books!

The shelves were transferred, but some of the books were missing in the shelves.

I ended up using cailbre to retransfer the books back to the shelves.

The shelves show more books now.

On my Glo only 6 books can be shown on a page, with the Aura about 12 books can be shown on a page.

Unlike the Glo, there is no scroll bar shown at the bottom of the screen in the shelves. You have to flick your finger to turn to the next page.

There was a glitch were all the books were listed by title alphabetically in descending order. The glitch seems to have correct itself when I switched from date added back to title.

The screen looks amazing. Definitely the highlight of the device. Text looks crisper on the Aura compared to my Glo. Images benefit greatly with a larger screen. Compared to my Glo I no longer have to zoom-in a lot to read manga now.

Unfortunately, I cannot take the Aura outside until I get a proper cover for it.

I will post more when I have the time to I explore the device.

Last edited by RZetlin; 05-15-2013 at 12:27 PM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote