View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #44
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I got my first reader in 2009. It was a Sony 300. I wanted it SO badly I cried when I opened it at Christmas. LOL *dork* I went with Sony because I felt it was more open than the Kindle and I could read library books on it. I wasn't sure that I would, but having that as an option meant that I could if I decided I did want to.

I then got the Sony 350 because it elminated the frustrating library PDF epub conflict and it was a touch model. I loved it dearly and was deathly afraid that Sony would ditch the metal readers for plastic, which they eventually did, so I bought a backup. It wasn't pink but it was a 350. Hubby was not impressed and I put it up on eBay.

I then got a black T1 when they first came out because they were a 6 inch reader with Wifi, which I didn't think I needed or wanted as I was perfectly happy with my 350 but found it really is a terrific option to have. I despised it at first. Well, to be exact, I despised the Sony software because of the syncing issues with it. I toyed with chucking it at the wall to hopefully smash into a million little indistinguishable pieces or bringing it back to the store. I actually did pack it up but stuck with it because I'm stubborn and wanted to figure out how to live with it. I eventually did. I get books to my reader manually now. I don't use the Sony software.

We were in the States shopping around Christmas that year and I bought a Kindle non-touch. I was very pleasantly surprised. I also loved having access to the Amazon marketplace. I figured at this point I had the best of both worlds - epub & the huge Kindle bookstore.

The T2 came out but I didn't see that it was, for me, worth upgrading to from the T1 so I didn't buy it. But I did buy the Kindle Paperwhite when it came out. I'm really enjoying it. I do miss the page turn buttons on the non-touch but I love the light. It doesn't light up the rest of the room at night like the various booklights I have do and that's great for my hubby.

Then the hubby went to an auction and got a red T for a really great price.

So.....I now have and use 3 - a black T1, a red T1 and a Kindle Paperwhite. I really love them all. The other Sony's are gone. Sold to friends or on eBay and the non-touch Kindle is in the process of being bought.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote