View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I had a look at this a while ago, but I have just done a bit more to refresh my memory.

It looks like it is both calibre and Kobo. It might also be the ePub standard, and one or both of these are following the rules.

The author that is displayed on the Kobo devices is a simple string. Whatever is in the epub as the author will be display.

After sending a book with to authors to my Touch, the following is in the file:
Code:
<dc:creator opf:file-as="Niven, Larry &amp; Pournelle, Jerry" opf:role="aut">Larry Niven</dc:creator>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Jerry Pournelle</dc:creator>
The Touch reads the first one of these lines, and uses "Larry Niven" as the author.

If I change this to:

Code:
<dc:creator opf:file-as="Niven, Larry &amp; Pournelle, Jerry" opf:role="aut">Larry Niven &amp; Jerry Pournelle</dc:creator>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Jerry Pournelle</dc:creator>
The Touch uses "Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle" as the author. Based on the sorting it is using "Pournelle" as the surname.

I have a kepub by "Stephen Goldin, Mary Mason". That is what is in the database and the kepub has:
Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Stephen Goldin, Mary Mason</dc:creator>
The author sort puts this under "Goldin".

I had a play with the metadata plugboards in calibre and I can't convince it to write the full authors string into the appropriate place. My knowledge of the calibre template language isn't great, so I might have missed something.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote