View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You are correct. Once the eInk screen is drawn, it takes no power to maintain it's state.

Personally, I prefer keeping my sideloaded books on an SD card. I have had to do quite a few factory resets when playing with sideloaded firmware, plugins and other fun items and it's just easier to pull the SD card and then replace it after I feel I'm at a stable state.

Regards,
David
I'm so used to using active devices like smartphones or tablets that I sometimes have to remind myself eInk isn't.

At first I thought it's as simple as backing up your SD and then transferring back manually but I also know that would probably not last very long
Really does seem simpler to just work from SD.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote