View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I have arthritis in my hands and the Kindle feels the best, IMO. It's lightweight, not slippery, buttons easy to use and doesn't feel cold. I tried out a Sony in the store and found it more difficult to use. Plus it didn't feel comfortable in my hands. It was harder to hold.

Generally, I keep the Kindle in the M-Edge case (used to use the standard one) and it helps with gripping the Kindle.

I also have an Iliad and it is heavier (it is a bit larger) and cold feeling. The case isn't too slippery and the page turn bar isn't difficult to use. I keep it around mainly to read PDFs.

All of the eInk readers aren't backlit but the ones I've used have a matte screen and with a little bit of adjusting, glare from an external lamp is not a problem. Verilux makes a couple of very nice book lights, pricey but very nice. What is great about eInk screens is that you can easily read them outside. That isn't true with backlit LCDs.

HTH and feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote