View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I've done this and it won't work, also, it seems to me that no log gets written anywhere. Where should I check? /var/log is empty. It stays on the "Please wait, your Kindle is starting" page.

edit: Maybe the reason this isn't working is that I copied those over using nautilus as root (under ubuntu). That's also the way I backed up original files and replacing those back is not working. I'm panicking a little. I made a proper backup time ago using sir alex' package:
http://www.siralex.info/2011/03/17/kindle-3-backup/
how do I restore those from recovery please?
No. You just lost all permissions. You must use rsync, cp -a, or dd. perfered method is dd.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote