View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Better Quality Control for the Vox?

I saw in another post by Taming that the Vox is being manufactured by Wistron--which used to be part of Acer. So...it got me thinking: what exactly is Kobo's role in the production of the Vox if they are manufactured by Wistron? Do they simply load the software and test them and package them? Or do they do any of the assembly/build part of production?

Anyone think we may see better quality control from Kobo for the Vox (vs. what we've seen from the Kobo original/Wi Fi/KT)? I don't feel as nervous buying the first generation of the Vox since the tablet world is really quite established. I am expecting problems with screens to be less frequent/non-existent, too - since we're not dealing with e-ink anymore. I have a feeling there may be disappointments in processing speed and with the Android OS and apps (and maybe small glitches that may need to be fixed), but not as many severe and frequent issues that have come up for hardware as there have been for the other Kobo products.

All of the issues I've had with my Kobo WiFi have been related to the firmware upgrades and desktop app...and somehow I am thinking we'll see less of these for the Vox.

What do you think?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote