Thread: Boomerang
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #241
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Latest review for Boomerang.

Fun Fun Read!, May 18, 2011
By
Misty Rayburn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
In order to save his pawned guitar, Ted Hogwood accepts an assignment from a branch of the government that isn't even official. His partner on this assignment is Jerry Kwiatkowski and their mission is to steal a boomerang that contains secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover. What stands in their path? A crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, the director of Central Intelligence and an ex-cheerleader!

Got your attention yet? Is your eyebrow raised? It should be! This book was a really fun read and Alan's writing style reminded me at times of the late Douglas Adams. The deeper into the plot you get, the more you can tell the characters are in a situation that's way over their heads. It's quirky, funny and really hard to put down. I found myself wondering how this all would come together and then when it did I was highly amused. It was really sad when this fun trip ended and I do hope to see these characters again somewhere down the road.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote