Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #88
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Hi Groen,

You wrote the message above a long time ago, but I could not reproduce it. Guess what happen just now ...
I will see if I can find a way to reproduce it to find out what the problem is. I annotated a document with UDS, closed it, started xournal (without a document) and clicked File->Import Annotations. Then my DR comlpetely locked-up (I had the key-lock on, so I could not test keys). Only a reset helped.
Apart from Groen, did anybody else see it? (and maybe found a way to reproduce it?)

Marcel.
In some way, I am glad to see I am not the only one, although it of course means the problem is a bit more serious than some obscure fluke of my DR.

I am afraid I can not really be of any help now, because my DR recently gave up. Actually, the DR itself is fine, but it does not recognise any SD-cards anymore. I think it has something to do with the locking mechanism of the SD-cardreader as I now hear only a single click when inserting a card whereas before I heard two clicks. Furthermore, the SD-card falls out when I hold the DR upright. I think the SD-card is only electrically connected when the locking mechanism is engaged, which appears to fail in my DR now.

I don't expect to have any time soon to open the DR and investigate. Maybe a little bit of glue might already fix the issue, but at this point I am in the unfortunate position that I have more important things on my mind than trying to pry open my DR.

So maybe I will report back in a couple of months. (I hope so, because I still think there is no substitute for the DR1000 in the market.)

Greetings,
Mark
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote