View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #10
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
chaley,

I've seen references to this discussion several times. Maybe I've been dense every time I've looked, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

Does this make a purely cosmetic change to Calibre, effectively changing how author names are displayed in the Author(s) column of the main window? Or, are your changes altering calibre's file structure instead? Or both?

In other words, I have "Stephen King - The Stand.epub" (for example).

Current Calibre functionality:
Author = Stephen King (as shown on Edit Metadata screen)
Author Sort = King, Stephen (ditto)
File Structure results in the path: .../Stephen King/The Stand (nnn)/
Author Column = Stephen King, listing it in the K's.

And after using the technique that you show above, it would alter the functionality to which of the following?
1) File Structure results in the path: .../King, Stephen/The Stand (nnn)/
2) Author Column = King, Stephen listing it in the K's.
3) Both of the above changes

Please explain. Because I might have to contact someone regarding nominations for sainthood - at least!
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote