View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #1
Tech Guy
Leftcoast, USA
Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tech Guy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 2 XL, Basic Kindle
Configuration for sending with gmail

First let me say, I can send email to my Kindle, or even my gmail account with no problems. However, a friend began having problems sending via his gmail account so I'm trying to help.

I can't find any configuration for sending out email. I see a form in preferences - Sharing by email - but all fields are blank except port, which says 19. So, how does Calibre know how to send the email? Is that information all hidden? Normally, it would at least show some fields, with the password and perhaps username blanked out. Otherwise, how can you make changes. The only things I can think of is that it's using an open relay, which I didn't think even existed any more, or I'm too dumb to find the settings

For my friend, he has a G Suite account, which used to work. He read that Google is tightening up their usage by 3rd-party apps starting 1/9/19, about the time he started having trouble - will this affect Calibre?

Hoping someone can help restore my sanity.
Tech Guy is offline   Reply With Quote