View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Bump

Since there are so many talented Kindle programmers in this forum. I'd really appreciate it, if someone would create a StarDict port. IHMO, there are a couple of good reasons for doing this:
  • The StarDict code is GNU GPL v3 licensed and Linux ports exist
  • Free StarDict dictionaries are widely available on the Internet and can be easily created from scratch
  • Unlike Kindle, StarDict supports pretty much any language, including Russian, RTL languages and CJK, and Amazon is not likely to implement anything beyond the usual EFIGS support
Alternatively, I'd appreciate pointers on how to create a lookup dictionary feature myself using Python, Perl or other other scripting languages. (Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with C, Linux and the Kindle framework.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote