View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
makes sense. I'll know now to try cp1250 in future, if I see those slanted opening quotes.

I'll postpone learning about utf8 until I 'm forced to :-)

my 2nd point was this:

convert from txt to epub with heuristics on cleaned up all of the flow issues
but convert zip to epub did not ( the zip being the result of open in word, save as filtered html etc...) probably because of what word did tot he file in the interim.

with source in notepad++ If I chose encode in UTF8, I see stuff that does not paste well to here. but you reckon calibre would have understood it ?
e.g. the test line would begin X93Wales ( with X93 bit in inverse video)..... youX92re.... miss me.x94

Last edited by cybmole; 01-26-2011 at 09:06 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote