View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #52
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But, if you are using Windows, you do not need to preface the command with Python as long as you type out the full name of the program including the .py extension.
True - perhaps I should have been more explicit. On the Mac instructions, it should have python at the beginning of the line. I wasn't trying to suggest the Windows instructions needed to be changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, but he is creating instructions for Mac users. So, using a command that will work for Mac users is probably the way to go.

Of course, there is a way to not have to type python on the Mac. If you ad the correct shebang to the script and set the permissions so the file is executable.

BOb
I know that, but I figured it was a whole lot simpler just to have the instructions tell you to type python at the beginning of the command - its only six characters.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote